Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Technology...a brand new day!

A new day!!!  Take three...four...five...and six!  This is amazing what a good nights rest will do!  I worked all day with my podcast and was so excited about using it this Monday in class.  I confidently tried to add to Ning and my blog and became VERY frustrated.  The only thing I can figure out is internet problems???  Because now I am able to add to both by doing the EXACT same thing.  I feel like I am going crazy!  Oh well...I worked on Macy's last night anyway!  I had to take orders for 302 travelers at 4 different restaurants.  Then I had to email the numbers by the bus list!  Oh so much fun!!!  After working on all the food order I even skipped dinner...don't worry I will be fine!  :)  Plenty to do so thanks for listening to me vent! 

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, I so feel your frustration. I don't think to your level but I don't believe people realize how much little stuff we have to do to make things run smoothly. Especially in your case...no one notices the meals magically being there unless something goes wrong!
    If I had a wish for education, it would be that music teachers could have room parents also! I know that doesn't work in your case but you should have college work study or something. Just an idea. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. What an experience! Hopefully very positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Lisa. I was a chaperone two years ago on a Smithsonians trip with 75 7th and 8th graders. We went to Florida and visited the surrounding attractions. We were there for 10 days but there were five teachers which made it very nice. But it does take a lot of work to plan a trip, take care of all the necessities, and try and make everyone happy. I hope when you get back, you get to take a little time for yourself. Our trip left the last day of school, so when we got back it was summer break.
    I thought the Podcast assignment was fun, however I had a hard time getting my LAME 3 encoder to work. It took a while but I finally got it. I used this assigment for my lesson today in English.
    I am still trying to figure out how to get favorite websites and links added onto my blog page. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...I am ready for Christmas vacation!!! Hey I think I figured out how I added my favorite websites. Go to design (same area that you go to post). Then click on "add a gadget"...any of them will do. Then search for "link list" and click on the +. I titled mine "Favorite Websites" and just added as many as I wanted. Don't forget to save! Good luck and if you have problems let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete