As a music educator, I have the joy and pleasure of traveling to many exciting places. Usually these trips involve at least 200 students but they make the trips so unique and interesting. This blog is about my adventures with the band and places that I travel.
Search This Blog
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
In great anticipation...
Well...the last of the preparations are in progress. I finished putting all the uniforms back together with a crew of parents! It is always nice to end up without extra items! Now I have to load them on the semi with all the hats. Hopefully that will happen tomorrow. I believe all the lists are final...flight, bus, and room lists and are ready to copy for the director's packets. I am in hopes of packing a suitcase for the semi tomorrow night in order to save money on the airline. With Sunday only a few days away I find myself in great anticipation. I don't plan on taking my laptop but I am in hopes that the hotel will have a computer available. You probably won't see any homework happening but I am going to try to keep my blog rolling with trip updates...but don't hold your breath! Again please watch Thursday morning for the Blue Springs Golden Regiment marching band. I am on the very last row so you won't see me buy please just keep your fingers crossed that my ankles will make it through the parade! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How exciting! I don't know how you could organize all this and be doing your Master's! Have a safe trip! I'll look for you in the parade before I hit the slopes at Big Sky.
ReplyDeleteYou know I wish I was there for another go around with you! It will all be good...exhausting...but good. Is your husband going with you again on this trip? I know I have a pic of you two at a table in the hotel dining room. I'm thinking it was Thanksgiving night after the parade.
ReplyDeleteI wish you were going too!!! But maybe in 2 years!!!Yes...my husband is going and I am so glad. The only thing that bothers me is leaving both of my kids for the holidays. This will be the first big trip without a child in the band...sniff sniff! Of course in their place I have 200 other kids to watch and take care of!
ReplyDelete