Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog!  After a long four frustrating days (still denied from my first blog), I decided to start a new and fresh blog!  After careful consideration and contemplation I decided to write about something that right now has taken over my life...marching band!  Last Saturday we just completed our busy and very successful competition season for the year.  It was WONDERFUL weather and the students were right on!  We are so proud of their hard work and dedication to always improve.  Because our football team is doing so well...we have the pleasure of performing tomorrow night one more time (maybe more???).  We also have been practicing for two days for our indoor concert which takes place this Sunday!  It is more of a "thank you" to all of our supporters.  I also look forward to hearing Janine's daughter play before our portion of the concert!

But what is weighing heavy on my mind is the upcoming trip with 300 travelers to New York City where we will be performing in the Macy's Day Parade!  This will actually be my second march through the streets of New York.  It is one of my FAVORITE parades.  I still remember the feeling of marching down the streets...in the freezing cold...but not noticing because of all the bodies crammed in the city.  There were millions...it seemed like it...of onlookers crowded in the streets and in the buildings along the way.  But the best part...taking stage on the "star" in front of Macy's.  It is such a magical time and I am looking forward to that feeling again.  Last time I actually had my daughter in the parade but this time I am going solo...a little sad about that! 

However...there are still a million things that have to take place before we load that plane on the 20th!  That is what I am so stressed about.  In fact the travel agent is waiting for my bus list right now so I better get back to work.  I look forward to sharing more about my trip and when I come back...I will be more than happy to share some of my pictures.  Just keep your fingers crossed for good weather!  Looking forward to sharing more with you later. 

2 comments:

  1. Macy's 2005 was full of great memories! I know you're stressed at this hectic time but know that you do a GREAT job with these kiddos. I'm so glad that you have been a part in my kids' lives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Lisa. I wish I was going to New York with you. I will make sure I watch the parade on TV and see if I can find your band. As I said in the blog on our class blog site, both of my kids are in the band. McKenah who is a sophmore has been in the band since 3rd grade. She started out playing the trumpet, her freshment year she switched to the flute and this year she is playing the piccalo. She is also on the High Schools Drum Line playing the tennor. The Drum Line as well as their High School band is well known throughout Montana. My son, Ethan is in the 8th grade and he also started in the band in the 3rd grade. He played the trumpet also, switching last year to the saxophone. As you can see music is very important to my family so I just hope it is saved from the chopping block. As you know, it seems school districts always want to cut the music programs. I look forward following your blog

    ReplyDelete