Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Trip Meeting

We have scheduled our big trip meeting for next Thursday.  I have to have everything done and copied by then and I am still working on the bus lists!  I did get a peek at the itinerary and it looks like it is going to be a fantastic trip!  I am getting so excited now.  I can't believe we leave in a couple of weeks!  Looks like there will be some free time to shop in New York too!  My only regret...my kids won't be with me.  This is the first band trip without them.  With both kids in school and both working they just didn't think they could make the trip.  Of course...I don't get to spend a lot of quality time with them.  I did notice that we would be kept VERY busy which means I will probably average 3 to 4 hours of sleep a night.  We are going to see Wicked which I have never seen.  I just hope I can stay awake!  Last time I saw the Lion King and I kept nodding off.  It was embarrassing!  What I saw of the musical was fantastic.  I better get back to work!  Lots of paper work and checks to complete!  P.S.  I also have to take 4 different meal orders for all 302 travelers!  When I went into education I had NO idea this was going to be part of the job!

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember at Lion King how HIGH up we were and how we were both terrified of falling over the edge? I'm thrilled you get to experience NYC again...jealous. But I'm not jealous of all the work you have to put into it. There's a lot about education they don't teach you about in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you Lisa! I also know how hard you work and pray you will have peace while enduring the storm of getting prepared. I will be gone that week also but not for teaching. I am a little envious you get to see Wicked but would like a Tweet version if you could!

    ReplyDelete