Just wanted to share that one of my co-workers was diagnosed last night with breast cancer. It was a real shock! She is actually on staff with our band traveling to New York and she has a senior in the band. We are in hopes that she will be able to still make the trip... she finds out tomorrow. I just lost my best friend and co-worker in July. She had been battling colon cancer for 10 years. I actually had surgery in September to remove a lump but I was one of the fortunate ones. It feels like I have been in a dream for the last day...maybe denial. Make sure you hug your family tonight! Sorry to be a downer tonight but would appreciate your thoughts and prayers. (And thanks for listening!)
We have our big trip meeting Thursday night. I think I am close to having all my lists ready to go. I know I have killed a lot of trees in the process. There is so much paper work involved! Rehearsal went great today...the weather was FANTASTIC. I didn't even wear a coat. I do not remember a marching season with such beautiful weather. Hope you all have a great week!
Maybe while you are on your trip, you could have a student or 2 post updates about the trip online in a blog, or Flickr, or Twitter or something. No doubt their friends & family would like the updates. Hmmm, they might already be planning to do that. They are teens after all...
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your friend and your co worker. I lost one of my friends on July 10 from Pancreatic cancer. She sure put up a good fight for a year and half. It was very sad. My mom is also battling with leukemia, she is in remission now but it is pretty sad. She owns her own Pasty business so I have been trying to learn how to make them to help her out. She also is a breast cancer survior 10 years strong. So I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy...I was just feeling sorry for myself that night! It sure is hard to watch someone go through so much and know there is nothing I can do to make it go away! It sounds like your Mom is quite the fighter as well. I will also add her to my prayer list.
ReplyDeleteLisa, That is the beauty of Blogging. You can say what is weighing heavy on your mind. I know that sometimes I do that to friends in emails and I think Blogging about it is better because ten you are not pinpointing anyone to listen. Take lots of pictures and try to do as our instructor said and put a student in charge of getting it all in some type of social net work. Even opening a Facebook page called Our Trip to the Macy's parade. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDelete