As a music educator, I have the joy and pleasure of traveling to many exciting places. Usually these trips involve at least 200 students but they make the trips so unique and interesting. This blog is about my adventures with the band and places that I travel.
Search This Blog
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Home Sweet Home
I don't even know where to begin! It was a trip of a lifetime and we are all so proud of our kids. Not only were we very pleased with their performance, but we were thrilled with their behavior in New York City. Glad to report that many of our students are home with a few still to return later this afternoon. I missed my family so much but then realized I was surrounded by my second family at our Thanksgiving meal so it helped! I will have pictures later and will share little at a time. Saw Jessica Simpson, Jimmy Fallon and Sandra Lee at the Parade and Pink in Times Square. It is great to be home with my daughter and my dog! Also enjoyed watching MU beat KU! :) I have 2 very SWOLLEN feet, a bad knee and a VERY sore throat. I think it is going around but at least it didn't hit until the travel day home. I am feeling a little overwhelmed knowing how far behind I am in my class work...I just wish I felt better. Thanks for all the well wishes I received already and the compliments. Apparently I had a close up of me on the CBS coverage. I don't think I have ever made it on National television before!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
REST. School work will get finished, don't stress it. I'm glad you're home safe and sound and that you get to spend some time with Brittany.
ReplyDeleteHow surprised was I when we turned the parade on Thanksgiving morning at my boyfriend's parents' house in Kansas? Not five minutes into watching it, there YOU were! I was going crazy with excitement, and his family was impressed by the fact that Blue Springs was a part of such a prestigious event. You guys looked awesome and you deserved every minute of your close up time! :)
ReplyDeleteDang! I had the TV on and I kept telling everyone that I was watching for you and your band. Then there was a disturbance outside with neighbors and dogs etc. and we all went outside. I am sure that is when you were on so I missed you! I'm sure you were great and I hope you stayed warm - 40* can be so raw in NYC! Congratulations - and don't stress - you will get caught up.
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura...I still get chills and tear up thinking about the moment! No matter how hard it might have been getting there it was well worth it! We were VERY pleased with the performance and I think they represented Blue Springs in a classy way! Thanks for your support! I heard I actually had some TV time this year...the first time in 17 years that I have been with the band!
ReplyDeleteWay to go. My family was impressed when I told them that one of the people in my class was going to be performing in the Macy Day's Parade. They sat and watched along iwth me. I think they were as excitied as I was when I saw you. Your band is awesome. How do you guys get picked to play in it? Do you have to have a lot of fundraising in order to pay for the trip? Relax and don't worry to much about the work. It will still be there. LOL!
ReplyDeleteThanks for watching! there is actually a long process to audition. We had to send a video along with a lot of paperwork but that was all done by our head band director! :) We won't be eligible again for five years. Our band only travels every other year...which is great for me. I am actually in charge of all of the collection and fundraising now. The students pay it all! We sold Sonic cards, tupperware, entertainment books, and cookie dough. I actually added candy bars too just to try and help some students out.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right...the work is still waiting. I finally decided to start chipping away slowly and trying not to stress! I managed to stay healthy on the trip but brought back a bad cold! I hate plane rides! Advil is my new best friend! Thanks again for watching!
I thought five years was the rule. Darn. Emily (and I) will miss that trip WHEN you go again. I hope you are resting and not stressing!
ReplyDelete