Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

And the journey begins...

Well...I have finished for the week and I am going up to finish packing.  My suitcase is probably half way to New York right now on the semi.  That is going to make tomorrow much easier at the airport.  I am meeting my flight at school at 2:10 a.m.  No much sleep tonight!  I know the students are very excited and the staff very stressed but we will survive.  The weather does NOT look too promising this week so if you all could help me out send some nice sunny days!  Looks like rain every day even on our parade.  Don't worry I personally packed 300 raincoats on the semi!  Please do watch on Thanksgiving on NBC at 10:08...we are supposed to be on air.  The name of our band is the Golden Regiment from Blue Springs Missouri.  I am not taking my laptop but hope that the hotel will have one in the lobby.  I will try to post or tweet when I can!  If not I will be taking lots of pictures and post when I return home...even if it rains!  Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the holidays!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if you will see this while you are in NY, but have a wonderful time and I love New York this time of year so just take that as... it doesn't matter the weather (except for the instruments) You will remember this trip for a life time. I still remember our marching band in the Macy's Parade and it snowed that day. It was the best! Don't worry about sleep you can do that when you get home! Wishing you all the best and ok, I'll pray for sunny weather! Can't wait to see everything when you get back and are rested! Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You KNOW I'll be watching the parade :) I'm glad you have enough raincoats packed and I'm praying for great weather for you. Have a safe trip. I'm not going to stay don't stress because I know that trying to get all those teenagers to be where they are supposed to be during that trip is going to be like hearding CATS. Can't wait to hear about it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to watch the parada on Thanksgiving. I can say, Hey I know that Band Leader!! How cool is that. I wish I was with you in New York, even if it is raining. Here in Montana it is supposed to be 21 below zero on Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see the pictures!! I would like to know how you keep track of 300 teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The GR was FABULOUS!!! Emily was sad because she missed this trip by a year. I told her there will be more great things in store for her with this band. I know you're going to be tired when you get home, but know you've done a great job and these kids will treasure this for a lifetime :)

    ReplyDelete