Day 3 started off with WORK! Yes...we actually had to work on this relaxing vacation. Our security guard at the hotel heard us practicing the second night in the parking lot of the hotel. He was a percussion teacher for the high school down the street. He offered his practice field at the high school Wednesday morning. It was WONDERFUL. This was the first day that it was actually a little cold but it felt good. The kids had a great practice and what a wonderful sight to see them marching around the track with New York City in the background! I get goosebumps just thinking about it again.
After practice we went back to the hotel and changed for the day. We then arrived at Rockefeller Center where we went to the top for viewing. Breathtaking!!! That is all I can say! My camera really did not do it justice at all. Then back downstairs for lunch and yes...more shopping! I enjoyed picture taking! For dinner we ate at Dallas BBQ...I do NOT know why but it was a hot meal. I still love Kansas City BBQ better! Then down to Central Park for ice skating! Yes...we actually took the students ice skating the night before our BIG performance. Glad to report only one person in first aid. She marched the parade though the next day (she has a bad knee). I of course stayed off the ice and enjoyed a hot chocolate! Would have liked a carriage ride but duty called at the ice rink! :)
THEN...off to the hotel early for an early bed time. We taped the kids in around ten thirty and pulled their tape at 1:15 A.M. Yes...we had to be on the bus by 2 A.M. for our early rehearsal!
Thanks for tuning in and will continue later with the BIG DAY! :)
What AWESOME stories and pictures you have! I can't believe the fortune to have run into a band teacher so you all would have a place to practice :) As far as ice skating BEFORE the Macy's march...I'm not sure who planned that one, but you are lucky that everyone made it through okay to march - lol. These are memories you will always treasure.
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to go Ice Skating in New York. I think it would be romantic! Weird I know.
ReplyDeleteWe have an ice skating rink where I am from, it has a Christmas tree in the middle, where people from all over come to skate. So I grew up ice skating every night after school. It helped that I lived two blocks away so I just skated down our alley to the rink. Thanks again for sharing your pictures.