Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Macy's Day Parade!








I don't know where I should start...it seems so long ago!  We had a VERY early wake up and we were on the bus by 1:45 a.m.  Students had to be in full uniform.  I was in charge of hand warmers, plumes, extra hats, gloves, and black socks.  I had them stored under my bus.  Off to New York City where we started our first part of the journey.  We had an early morning practice...in the dark...until we turned the corner and BOOM...lights, camera and action!  Off the the famous red line where we practiced our entrance for the star performance, the kids nailed it!  All that practice at home really paid off.  We did it twice just to make sure it wasn't an accident.  Then back to the bus for a cat nap!  After snoozing for an hour our driver took us to Hard Rock Cafe where we enjoyed a HUGE breakfast and then hiked back to the busses.  Again...more of a wait and snooze.  And then the fun began...we hiked to the waiting line where we passed hundreds...seemed like it...of floats, clowns, kids, big balloons and then I saw it...Sesame Street Float!!!  All of my favorite characters right behind us again!  And Kermit was right in front of us!!!  I was in heaven.  We stood there watching Jessica Simpson drive by twice and other famous people.  It was amazing.  Then the famous whistle...we were off!  We actually had to JOG that march but I made it to the end!  What an amazing and proud moment for the kids but they were ready to head back to the hotel for a mandatory nap!  No one complained!!!  We then enjoyed a Thanksgiving Turkey Feast and dance for the kids.  They dressed up and looked fantastic...I didn't even recognize a few of them.  Even though I didn't have my immediate family I knew I was surrounded by my second family...all my children...and it was a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving!  :)

2 comments:

  1. This brings back so many memories. You will be glad that you did this little form of documentation on the trip. You know, you should down load all of the pictures to one of the many sites that will put it into a book for you and you can write about whatever you want on each page. Even Walgreen's does things like that from the computer in your own home. Thank you for taking the time to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled you had this experience. AGAIN. Looking forward to the next four years with you and EMILY :) Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete